Client was looking to cut transportation costs associated with delivering “time sensitive” and “environmentally controlled” product to their customers.
- Client was looking to cut transportation costs associated with delivering “time sensitive” and “environmentally controlled” product to their customers.
- The client had been analyzing different methods of transportation ranging from a dedicated fleet, to global and national contracts.
- The engagement began as a simple cost and schedule analysis.
- RCM determined quickly the need to look at the situation differently and applied data analytics.
- Stepped back from the problem and began to analyze all the impact issues. Reestablished the premise of the project.
- Assessed the full supply chain, introduced a series of analysis based upon fundamentals of predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Built a “data repository” that collected key aspects associated with the full supply chain.
- Performed a series of “what if” analysis which expanded into locations of suppliers, and distribution centers.
- Our eventual analysis recommended relocation of distribution centers.
- Built a foundational data repository to continue data analysis of the “full supply chain”.
- Implement new analytic tools and processes to perform the analysis.
- Trained staff so they understood “what questions they should ask”.
- Reduced time to market and overall transportation costs.
Key Project Elements
Key Financial Data
Local Transportation Services